All students seeking certification in either Childhood or Adolescence Education are required to complete an 80 – 120 hour internship.
This experience is designed by the student in collaboration with the sponsoring faculty and cooperating teacher and frequently occurs during the January intercession. Wells students develop goals for their internship that allow them to target their personal learning needs and create an experience that both supports and enhances their course learnings.
Students have recently completed internships at . . .
- The World of Inquiry School, Rochester, NY
- Peachtown Elementary School, Aurora, NY
- The James Baldwin School, New York, NY
- Genesee Elementary School, Auburn, NY
- Daktari Bush School and Wildlife Orphanage, South Africa
- Syracuse City School District, Syracuse, NY
- Keelung Sacred Heart Senior High School, Keelung City, Taiwan
- Webster Schroeder High School, Webster, NY
- Camden Hills Regional High School, Rockport, ME
- Mt Servicios y Formacion, Zaragoza, Spain