Health Professions Advising
The mission of the Health Professions Advising Committee at Wells College is to help students who are preparing for a career in the health sciences. Students are provided with advice on course selection, internships, and graduate school or professional programs application procedures. Members of the advisory group will assist students as they research health-related careers and develop networking opportunities with alums and employers in areas related to a student’s interest.
The Health Professions Advising Committee hosts a number of events each year to assist students in preparing for a post-baccalaureate degree after Wells. The committee hosts an annual information session each fall semester for any student interested in or thinking about a health career. Students are also invited to participate in regional health science fairs, panel discussions, and other events of interest.
The Health Professions Advising Committee emphasizes a combination of strong academics,
practical experience through internships and other experiential learning, and comprehensive
individual advising, which has given Wells an excellent record in placing students
in health professions careers.
The 2013-2014 Health Professions Advising Committee
- Dr. Lauren O’Neil, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Stratton 301, 315-364-3268 (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Chair)
- Dr. Kristina Blake, Assistant Professor of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Stratton Hall, (email@example.com)
- Dr. Deborah Gagnon, Associate Professor of Psychology, Macmillan Hall, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Thomas Stiadle, Associate Professor of Mathematics, Macmillan Hall, (email@example.com)
- Mr. Eric Vaughn, Director of Experiential Learning & Career Services, Long Library, Learning Commons, 315-364-3379 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students and alumnae/i of Wells who are interested in receiving more information and updates concerning the Health Professions Advising Committee should contact Eric Vaughn at email@example.com to be added to the Health Professions Listserv.